Asian Performing Artists Lab
Asian Performing Artists Lab (APAL) offers Berlin-based artists with asian background a platform for creative exchanges, collaborations and experiments. Artists apply with a project to work on, which can be in the form of an idea, a draft or a work-in-progress. They work together intensively over a period of 5 days, and at the end of it, present their works-in-progress at Berliner Ringtheater under the event ‘AmnAsia’.
The objectives of APAL are:
- To promote the visibility of artists with asian background, who work in different fields of the performing arts.
- To offer artists the possibility to put their ideas into practice, re-work their drafts or work on specific areas of their project. The focus is on practice and research.
- To create a space for artists with asian background to work on themes that concern them, and give them the autonomy to determine their own aesthetics and voices.
- To build solidarity through collaboration and sharing of resources and knowledge.
- To stimulate ideas for future projects and artistic collaborations.
Co-production: Berliner Ringtheater and The Farm
Concept, organisation and curation : Ming Poon
Curation, outreach and advice : Frederika Tsai